What Data Do We Collect?
This notice applies to all information collected in the clinical setting at Vitalize Physiotherapy or submitted on this website. On some pages you can make requests to receive information or make online bookings. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
This information is required by law, however, we may also collect information which will give us a better insight and understanding of the users of our website.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
You directly provide Vitalize Physiotherapy Ltd with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Register online or make a booking for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email
- Use or browse our website via your browsers cookies
- We will obtain your personal data when you send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason or sign up to a service.
- We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to us processing it.
- We will obtain medical and confidential information as part of our assessment and treatment about you which is held on an encrypted soft ware practice management system, called Cliniko.
How we will use your data?
We would like to make it clear that Vitalize Physiotherapy will never pass any of your contact details to a third party and under no circumstances pass on any of your clinical records unless you have given your expressed consent in cases where medical reports are required as part of your treatment.
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- To help us identify you
- Statistical Analysis
- Marketing – see marketing and opt-in out below
- Fraud prevention and detection
- To notify you or any changes to this website or our services which may affect you.
- Improving our services
- To contact you via email or phone regarding current or future appointments
- To contact you via our online newsletter, using the platform Mailchimp.com
How Do We Store Your Data?
All our clinical records are held securely on the practice management software system and are unavailable to anyone except authorised clinicians. Personal contact details are used solely for appointment purposes and are stored securely on a cloud-based computerised diary system.
On your first session with us you will be asked to complete a consent form. Vitalize Physiotherapy Ltd will store this information in a secure filing system which is kept within a locked room. The length of time this information will be kept securely will be in accordance to the HCPC & CSP regulations.
Any payment details are encrypted.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet. Any sensitive confidential information this is required to be sent over the internet will be done via password protected documents or use of encrypted email if requested.
Vitalize Physiotherapy Ltd would like to occasional contact you to send information about news, updates and services that we feel are relevant to you. We do not share your information with any other companies.
Before you start your first Physiotherapy Session you will be asked to sign our consent form. On this form you will be given the option to ‘opt in’ to allow us to send you our newsletter or so we may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS or email about products, services and promotions which may be of interest to you. We will never share your personal data with any third party organisations. If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from us, you can opt out any time by contact us on
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
You have every right to see any records pertaining to your treatment if you officially request to do so via a ‘subject access request’. Vitalize Physiotherapy will always be happy to assist you in any request in this regard with no detriment to your ongoing treatment.
We can also confirm that your data will not be used for any automated profiling purposes.
You also have the right to have to have your personal data deleted on request and to withdraw treatment consent. However, we are required to retain notes pertaining to treatment episodes and any withdrawal of treatment consent would result in termination of your treatment episode.
Clinical notes are required by law to be held for 8 years after which time we will no longer keep them and will securely delete them from our software Practice management system. We are however required to retain records for a longer period of 25 years when the patient is a child.
If you have any concerns regarding how Vitalize Physiotherapy Ltd handles your data you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Your Rights Summary:
|Rights||What does this mean?|
|3. Right to rectification||You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.|
|4. Right to erasure||This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enable you to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.|
|5. Right to restrict processing||You have the right to ‘block’ or supress further use of your personal data in certain circumstances. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal data, but may not use it further.|
|6. Right of data portability||You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in certain circumstances. In addition, where certain conditions apply, you have the right to have such information transferred directly to a third party.|
|7. Right to object to processing||You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including in each case any related profiling).|
|8. Right to withdraw consent to processing||If you have given your consent to us to process your personal data for a particular purpose (for example, direct marketing), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data up to that point is unlawful).|
|9. Right to make a complaint to the data protection authorities||You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data or believe our processing of your personal data does not comply with data protection law.|
If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us on email@example.com.
What Are Cookies?
For further information please visit: allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Privacy Polices Of Other Websites:
How To Contact Us:
If you have any queries regarding how we store your data or any other issues regarding data protection at Vitalize Physiotherapy, then please ask to speak to the clinic owner Simon Noad.
How To Contact the Appropriate Authority:
Should you wish to report a complaint or feel that Vitalize Physiotherapy Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information’s Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 , https://ico.org.uk/Global/contact-us#!